Considered to be a paradise in the Indian Ocean, Maldives is made up of 1200 islands and each island boast its own pristine white sandy beaches. Because of such stunning features Maldives is one of the top destinations to visit in this world. The beaches that Maldives offers to visitors are unrivalled around the world, it is very hard to find such white sandy beaches with beautiful blue water anywhere in the world. In Maldives you can find accommodation for high-end travelers as well as for people who are traveling on a strict budget. The marine life around Maldives is so rich that it is magnet for divers from all over the world.
10. Manta Point: Manta point is also known as Emas Thila, it is about 1km long. This is a very popular gathering point for Manta rays during the North-east monsoon season. This reef is also filled with caves that have quite unique marine life inhabiting it. This reef serves as cleaning station for the manta rays and divers can witness Manta rays being cleaned by wrasses. This beautiful and unique reef can be enjoyed by both experienced and naïve divers.
9. Banana Reef: This reef is considered to be the first internationally known reef of Maldives. The Banana reef is known to be best suited for snorkeling activities but the cliffs and overhangs surrounding this reef are also quite incredible. This is a protected area where visitors can encounter marine predators like barracudas and sharks but there are plenty of coral fishes as well. Banana Reef also lies in the North Male Atoll and remains one of the most popular tourist destinations in Maldives.
8. Old Friday Mosque (Hukuru Miskiiy): If you have had enough of water sports and want to learn and absorb the local culture and history of Maldives, a trip to Hukuru Miskiiy will definitely be worth it. The Hukuru Miskiiy, which is also known as “Old Friday Mosque” has a history that dates back to 1650s and it is considered to be the oldest mosque in Maldives. From outside the mosque may not look so impressive to most but when you look closely, you will find intricate designs on the walls with beautiful Arabic writings as well. But it is even more impressive in the inside with its famous lacquer work and woodcarvings. When visiting this religious site you should be clothed properly.
7. National Museum: If you want to know more about the history of Maldives, you will not regret visiting the National Museum of Maldives. The National Museum is part of the Royal palace and originally it was just a 3-storey building. But on 10 July 2010 the Chinese government presented a new museum building that cost around $7.8 million to build. This new museum was recognized as the national museum of Maldives when the President of Maldives, Mohamed Nasheed, inaugurated it on 26 July the independence day of Maldives.
6. HP Reef: All over Maldives you will find diving spots that are truly mesmerizing among such reef is HP reef. This reef lies in North Male Atoll and offers the divers quite a unique experience. The HP reef is full of marine life and the soft corals are beautifully displayed. HP reef is also filled with cave and crannies that are also brilliantly decorated by beautiful corals. Some of the amazing marine life that tourist can spot in HP reef are grey reef sharks, rainbow runner, eagle rays, barracuda, dog-toothed tuna and many more.
5. Biyadhoo Island Resort: This island resort is said to have the most peaceful and calm beaches in Maldives. Even Maldives PADI Dive Center considers Biyadhoo Island Resort to be one of the best reef houses in Maldives. This beautiful island resort is surrounded by tropical greenery, there 35 different diving spots around this area. There are variety of water sports that you can choose form to spend your day or you can just get a soothing massage to relax.
The Male International airport is just 40 minutes away from this island. The resort itself offers a roundtrip speedboat ride for the airport.
4. Utheemu Ganduvaru: Utheemu Ganduvaru is an inhabited island located in the Haa Alif Atoll that lies north of Maldives. Considered to be of great historical importance, Utheemu Ganduvaru is the location of the palace of Sultan Mohamed Thankurufaan. Sultan Thankurufaan is very highly respected in Maldives because along with his brothers, Sultan had managed to rid Maldives of 15-year long Portuguese rule.
3. Alimatha Island: The Alimatha Island is located in the Vaavu Atoll, which is two-hour boat ride from the Male International Airport. This island offers one of the most famous channel dives in the world because of which this site falls under the government-sanctioned protected dive sites in Maldives. Alimatha Island offers a variety of facilities to its visitors that include, aquarium like snorkeling sites, crystal clear shallow waters with white sandy beaches, and even swimming and playing area for kids. You can even get very relaxing Ayurvedic massage as well. Some tourist even say that you get a complete Maldivian experience in Alimatha Island.
2. Sun Island Resort and Spa: The Sun Island Resort and Spa could be considered to the best destination for couples on their Honeymoon as this is a truly exotic resort that offers all the modern facilities to its visitors. This resort is located on the island of Nalaguraidhoo in the South Ari Atoll that offers crystal clear sapphire lagoons that are great for diving. The Nalaguraidhoo Island is located 62 miles from the capital of Maldives. This resort and spa is surrounded by beautiful gardens full of exotic tropical flowers and greenery. There is no doubt to count it as most unique hotels in the world. You can easily choose from selection of over-water bungalows, super deluxe or deluxe rooms that have all the modern facilities you can find in any 5-star hotel.
1. Bluetribe Moofushi: If you ever vacationed in Maldives and did not visit the Bluetribe Moofushi diving center than you definitely missed an experience of a lifetime. The Bluetribe Moofushi diving center offer a plethora of sports activities for its visitors, it even offers PADI certificate if you opt for a diving or snorkeling course. This diving center has been awarded PADI certificate of excellence for receiving the highest number of 5-star certification. The location of Bluetribe Moofushi could not have been better as it is situated in the best location in Ari Atoll that is close to the barrier reef. Many famous diving spots in Maldives are located quite close to this particular diving center because of which you can easily make trip to all these diving spots.
Now we finally come to the end of the article and throughout this article you have seen the most spectacular sites to visit in Maldives. But while traveling you need to know that to have the best time of your life the best way is to get LOST!!!!!